⬆ Level up
Automation is an Android app to automate certain things on your device. Open the Play Store entry to display more information.
What are the differences?
- Google Play: If you're above Android 9 location based rules don't work anymore. Also phone-related rules (calls or send sms) don't work here - thank Google for that.
- F-Droid: The Activity Detection feature isn't included as it relies on the Play Services. Everything else works.
- APK version: No limitations in functionality whatsoever. It won't update to newer version automatically, but in settings you can activate an automatic check for new versions.
Here's an explanation of the permissions.
Here are examples of some interesting things one can do with the program. Also find help for how to use the start program feature.
Find the source code here.
Thanks for contributions go to:
- Italian translation: Raffaelle
- Italian translation (refresh): Stefano Prenna and Simone Dotto
- Dutch translation: anonymous
- Russian translation: Denis Speranskiy
- French translation: Thama
- French translation (refresh): Lejun
- Chinese translation: Jingyu Wang
For a changelog please refer to the one in F-Droid:
https://f-droid.org/de/packages/com.jens.automation2/ or the one in my repository
Known problems or requested features
- Excessive location checking (however battery usage is low and your data isn't going anywhere)
- Several things are not working anymore with audio profiles on Android 12
- Problems with setting the screen brightness under Android 12
No changelog for next version, yet.
In addition I have these things on the radar:
- More modern GUI
- Reorganize triggers and actions. Due to the increase of capabilities the overview of possibilities has suffered a bit.